Thursday, November 12, 2009

case study : case study [composition]

To wrap-up the case study : case study project, we were to take a piece from various steps of the process and create a complete composition of our hard work. I chose to represent my creations in a simple but well-read grid format. In the composition, I was to include a floor plan, axonometric view, elevation, section, and perspective. Although each of the pieces are equally important and well-drawn, I decided to create my floor plan as a super-graphic because it shows a complete view of everything in the entire case study : case study house. The way I arranged all of my items highlights consistency, care and quality. The title is located on the datum line that adds interest and contrast, leading the reader across and down the page. I feel the composition is creative, easily read and visually appealing while still focusing on the actual work.

No comments: