Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ready, Set, Render!

From this painting by Maud Gatewood, I chose inspiration colors of red, blue, green, and yellow to use in three different ways in my rendering images. The colors in this painting to me scream fun and bold!

The room with blue walls and red chairs is my tight rendered image. Out of all three of my rendered images I could see myself living in this space. I love the way I distributed color in an open and airy feel! Technique : tight rendering on bond paper.

Because of the darker ceiling and ceiling overhang, this space feels more cozy and intense. I chose to personalize this space (along with the other three spaces) with paintings on the walls, curtains and plants. Technique : loose rendering on trace paper.
Plain and simple, this room screams fun! The yellow walls, red chairs, curvy paintings, and zebra rug really make this space unique. Technique : medium rendering on vellum.

I had a lot of fun with this assignment and loved how each of my experiments turned out! Some people are scared to play with color, but embrace it to its fullest!

No comments: