Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SYTYCD : castle


For this week's "So you think you can['t] draw?", we were to use our imagination and create a castle! I chose to base my castle design off of the children's fairytale, Rapunzel, with the young lady high up in a tower with her long golden hair flowing down. At the bottom of her tower, her prince charming raises his hand to her in home of rescuing her. By using these characters as part of my drawing, I was able to include scale to my castle. I used various shades of gray to make shadows and show color variations within the walls. Focusing on the castle itself, most of the land is just a simple contour. I had a lot of fun with this assignment as I was able to use my imagination and design skills to create something of fantasy and romanticism. I am extremely pleased with how the whole composition turned out, resulting in being one of the five winners for SYTYCD this week!

No comments: