Saturday, November 1, 2008

Topography of "My House"




For this assignment, we were told to practice topography by sketching our house, however, I chose to draw my friend's house only because it was more interesting topography-wise. This house is right on the Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island. Her backyard is large as it extends steadily downward until a point when it drops steeper to the beach along the water pretty rapidly. These characteristics are represented with the topography lines: the first eight lines are the slowly steeping backyard until the ninth line which borders the end of the backyard to the steep drop of the last two topography lines against the water. Also in my topography map, I included parts of the landscape such as trees, represented as circles with angles to the center, and larger bushes. I also decided to shade in the house and leave the land white because I felt it would allow the trees and bushes to stand out more in this example.

No comments: